June 30, 2017

China Medical university

China Medical university

 

 

China Medical University is located in Shenyang, Liaoning province. It was the first medical school established by the Chinese Communist Party. It was the only school that had finished the entire 12,500 kilometerLong Marchwhile persisted in running the school. It was also one of the earliest schools that delivered college education of western medicine in China.

The predecessor of the university was the Military Medical School of the Chinese Workers’ and Peasants’ Red Army. It was founded in October of 1931with the approval of The Central Military Commission in Ruijin of Jiangxi province which was the birthplace of the Provisional Central Government of the Soviet Republic of China. It was the first medical school established by the Chinese Communist Party. He Cheng, Chief of the General Military Medical Department of the Central Military Commission held a concurrent post as the principal. The opening ceremony was held in Yudu, Jiangxi province on February 22nd, 1932. Comrade Mao Zedong formulated the principles of “firm in political belief, outstanding at technical skills” and Commander-in-chief Zhu De made a speech. In October 1932, the Central Military Commission approved to change the name of the school to the Health School of the Chinese Workers’ and Peasants’ Red Army. In October 1934, as part of the division directly subordinated to the Military Commission, the school left Ruijin to join the famous 12,500 kilometer Long March and carried outrescue works while persisting in running the school, which makes a record unparalleled in history in both the histories of Chinese Communist Party and medical education of people’s army.

In December 1935, the school arrived at the north of Shaanxi province and started running in Wayaobu. In January 1937, it moved to Yan’an and in August of the same year changed its name to the Health School of the Eighth Route Army. The school marched to the anti-Japanese front line with General Health Ministry. The faculty and students took active parts in the rescue work in Battle of Pingxingguan and Battle of Yangmingbu. In September 1940, proposed by Comrade Mao Zedong and approved by Central Committee of Chinese Communist Party, the school changed its name to China Medical University. In 1941, Comrade Mao Zedong wrote for the first graduates of China Medical University (14th graduates since the establishment of the school) the inscription “Heal the wounded, rescue the dying, and practice revolutionary humanitarianism.” This inscription has since become the action guide for CMU people and ultimately become the motto for all medical workers of the country.

China Medical University (CMU) is constructed with 33 institutions, departments and schools. The university is authorized to offer 19 programs for undergraduates, including clinical medicine, anesthesiology, medical imaging, psychology and mental health, pediatric medicine, stomatology, preventive medicine, forensic medicine, clinical pharmacy, medical laboratory technology, medical imaging technology, rehabilitation science, nursing, biological science, biological engineering, information management and information system, public health management, biological technology (Sino-British joint program) and pharmaceutical science (Sino-British joint program), and awarding bachelor degree in medicine, science, engineering and management, respectively.

The university has 3 affiliated general hospitals, known as the first, the second (ShengJing Hospital) and the forth clinical colleges, and 1 specialized stomatological hospital with 9,748 open beds and 270 dental treatment chairs. Moreover, the university has 15 non-affiliated clinical colleges, 19 teaching hospitals, 6 internship hospitals, 42 teaching bases, which provide full support for undergraduates’ practical teaching.

 

The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University (CMU) is a “Grade III, Level A” general Hospital integrating medical treatment, teaching and scientific research. The hospital was founded in 1909 and was originally called Fengtian Hospital of the Japanese Red Cross society(1914), Liaoning Hospital of the Red Cross society of China(1931), Colleges of Physicians of CMU(1948) and Central Hospital of Shenyang Railway Burea(1956). On October 10, 2004, the hospital was officially returned to the management of CMU as its fourth clinical college, as well as the fourth affiliated hospital, and has entered a brand-new development stage.