University of Perpetual Help
Antonio Laperal Tamayo, and his wife, Daisy Moran Tamayo, founded the University Of Perpetual Help System DALTA on February 5, 1975. The term “DALTA” in the name of the university is the acronym for Daisy Antonio Laperal Tamayo, the conjugal founders.
The founding of UPHSD was inspired by the parents of Antonio Tamayo, Jose G. Tamayo and his wife, Josefina Laperal Tamayo, who earlier founded what is now known as the University Of Perpetual Help System JONELTA, which has five campuses. The first campus established is the Perpetual Help College and Hospital in Manila to meet the local and international demand for nurses. Two years later (1970), the Perpetual Help College and Hospital Campus was founded in Malasiqui, Pangasinan, in response to the government’s program to promote health and educational development in the rural areas. This was followed by the founding of the third Campus at Perpetual Help School of Laguna, at Biñan, in 1976, and its medical school, the Perpetual Help School of Laguna Foundation. Thereafter, the Perpetual Help Campus at General Marcos Alvarez in Cavite, and the Perpetual Help Campus in Cauayan, Isabela were established, bringing the number of campuses to five.
Hence, the founding of UPHSD traces its roots to 1968 when Dr Jose G. Tamayo and his wife, Dr Josefina Laperal Tamayo, parents of Dr/General Antonio L. Tamayo, founded the UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM JONELTA.
On February 5, 1975, just seven years after his parents opened the Perpetual Help College and Hospital in Manila, Dr/BGen Antonio Tamayo and Dr. Daisy Moran Tamayo founded their own Perpetual Help College of Rizal (PHCR) along Alabang-Zapote Road, in Las Piñas City. The school was housed in a four-storey building constructed in the record time of four months.
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA has emerged as a premier university in the Philippines and provides a venue for the pursuit of excellence in academics, technology and research through community partnership
- The University offers world class education at an affordable cost
- It follows the American Education System and thereby upon graduation students can look forward to a career in America
- The University has one of the highest MCI and USMLE exam passing rates
- World Class Hospital on campus to assist the students in practical training
- University of Perpetual Help has affiliations with hospitals in USA which facilities clinical rotations for its students
- The University has a student population of around 12,000 students and employs 1500 teaching and non teaching staff
- Faculty are graduates of prestigious schools here and abroad (Harvard, University of London, UCLA, UC Davis) with masteral and doctoral degrees in education, epidemiology, and the social sciences