Medical Technicians Jobs in Germany
Career in Germany for Medical Technicians:
Neuro Technicians, etc..
Criteria for getting into Job:
Bachelor’s degree with min 1 ~ 2 yrs exp.
Min. B2 level German Language
Germany is one of the top nations in the world with a blooming health sector. With the rise in technology and the necessity for high-quality health-care, Germany has made huge developments in its health care system. This has opened up immense opportunist for people across the world for a career in the medical field in Germany.
Skilled labor is still a scarcity, multiple hospitals and clinics across the country are in great need of good skilled labor. Use this opportunity to start your career and life in beautiful Germany.
Medical technology is also called clinical laboratory science. Many areas of healthcare, such as the public health and pharmaceutical industries, rely on technicians or technicians to help treat patients, check results, or use compound drugs.
If you are considering a medical technology career, consider the type of road you are taking. Medical technicians usually have the expertise to perform more complex laboratory tests, supervise technicians and earn higher salaries. This position usually requires a bachelor’s degree.
Medical technicians report to technicians and may not be allowed to complete certain tasks. An associate degree or certificate is usually required to serve as a technician. For those who want to get into the field quickly, becoming a technician may be a good starting point.
Activities of a Medical Technician
Working as a medical technician you can be made to carry out a lot of important tasks efficiently. Some of these objectives and activities are given below, these are some of the common activities you come across any medical technician job:
- Execution of examination courses in the functional diagnostics of the nervous system and sensory organs including the creation of results, quality and plausibility control.
- Execution of examination courses in the cardiovascular functional diagnostics including result creation, quality and plausibility checks.
- Execution of examination courses in the pulmonological function diagnostics including result creation, quality and plausibility checks.
- Technical participation in the context of surgical and invasive functional diagnostics.
- Performing routine his techniques such as embedding tissue, microtomy and or cryotomy, H&E staining, coverslipping, special stains, IHC and ISH, and cell block preparation, grossing and tissue processing.
- Independent keeping of daily records on the preparation of laboratory equipment.
Requirements for a medical technician in Germany
Lab technicians need to be flexible. Work in this area may take different working hours and may require an urgent call for technicians to be notified within a short period of time. Lab technicians also need skills such as sound judgment, analytical thinking, and calming nerves, as their jobs may include stress from discoveries that could save lives or change lives.
Although this is not a strict requirement, many laboratory technicians have gained experience in the field before applying for a job. Some degree programs offer students the opportunity to engage in clinical internships in a local laboratory. Other students can participate in apprenticeships or extended training programs, but understand that they will be hired after a specific period of time. Getting entry-level employment in a non-technical field in a clinical setting may also prove beneficial.
Becoming a medical technician:
At a minimum, laboratory technicians are required to complete an assistant degree in applied sciences. Some students may pursue a certificate course in a career-specific field or a bachelor’s degree in a related science field.
Earn an Associate of Science in Laboratory Science through a 2-year program designed to prepare students for immediate entry. In addition to general education courses such as English writing and college mathematics, students can complete courses on the following topics:
- Clinical chemistry
- Medical terminology
Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science program can be completed in 2-3 years. They are designed to prepare students for the American Academy of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Accreditation Board exams and to enter the profession after graduation.
A bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science also enables technicians to become technicians as their careers progress. General courses include:
- Human genetics and diagnosis
- Body fluid chemistry
- Clinical microbiology
- Research in lab science
- Mycology and virology
When you are working in the healthcare sector, the knowledge of your German language should be strong as it helps you gain professional recognition. However, a survey done by Eurostat provides some interesting facts. The percent of people who agreed that they were proficient in English accounted for about 16% of the entire population.
English is very far from being the most popular foreign language that Germans speak. Sadly, this is one of the lowest rates among all European countries. Thus, learning proper German can help you to communicate as there are a lot of people who don’t speak English in Germany.
Now if you have to prove your knowledge in the German language, you have to provide a certificate from a recognized language center. There are two levels of proficiency. They are, Goethe-Zertifikat B1 or Goethe-Zertifikat B2 of the European framework of reference for languages.
If you hold the former, it means that you are skilled in the usage of basic German language whereas, if you hold the later, it means that you are skilled in the usage of the advanced German language. Holding a good knowledge of the German language will ease your life in Germany.
Age & Experience:
The recommended age group is between 20 and 40 when applying for a job. To get going there isn’t really a need for experience in this field. However, if you have the experience, that is going to be the icing on the cake. A letter of recommendation which is attached to your CV will be extremely helpful.
Certificate of no objection:
You would require a certificate called ‘Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung’. Basically, this certificate is a no-objection certificate. It shows that you have a good social standing. You have to make sure that there are German copies of all the certificates that you’re submitting. The certificates are to be duly attested to authorized personnel.
EU BLUE CARD
EU blue card:
The blue card allows non-EU (non-European union) people to live and work with any country in the European Union. Without a blue card, you cannot move to Germany and start working there.
Steps involved in finding a medical technician job in Germany:
- The first and foremost step would be to learn to read and speak German. You can study the language using online courses or through certified tutors. You will have to clear the Goethe-Zertifikat B2 examination of course.
- More than 60% percent of medical technicians work in hospitals. Other places of work areas include a doctor’s clinic, labs, etc. Do your research about job vacancies in Germany if you want to be hired as a medical technician anywhere in Germany.
- Once you do your research, you will have the difficult challenge of getting all the government-approved certificates and clearing all the legalities.
- Then comes the medical exam which will be conducted in German. After clearing this, when you get your visa and other documents ready. It’s only a matter of time for you to board the flight and start a new journey in Germany!
Being a medical technician in Germany is a decently paid job. The demand for medical technicians is always high. However, you also have to careful as three consecutive rejections can do harm to your further applications. Doing so will eliminate you from moving further with your employment goals.
To make it short, having a good grip on the German language is the most important thing. Because you will have to know the names of the local German herbs and other medicines. When you are confident with your language, clear the Goethe-Zertifikat B2 examination which certifies your knowledge in German. Then you can apply for an EU blue card visa. Once the legalities for the visa is over, then it’s only a matter of finding the contacts to get hired.