February 4, 2018


Study in Poland

TRADITION •Poland’s traditions of academic education goes back to 1364 when King Casimir the Great established the Cracow Academy, known today as the Jagiellonian University. •

 MODERNITY •Today, the Polish higher education system is developing rapidly. Poland holds fourth place in Europe (after the United Kingdom, Germany and France) in terms of the number of people enrolled in higher education. The total student population at over 400 university level schools is almost 1,5 million. •

 BOLOGNA  PROCESS •Poland plays an active part in the Bologna Process. Owing to the introduction of three-stage education modelled on Bachelor/Master/Doctoral studies as well as the European Credit Transfer System, both Polish students and foreigners studying in Poland stay fully mobile and can continue their education elsewhere in the European Union. •

. HIGH QUALITY OF EDUCATION •The Polish higher education system is well developed. The quality of the education provided is monitored and regularly evaluated.


Winter: from December to February
Winter in Warsaw can either be cold and snowy or windy and rainy. You can expect everything from the weather here. For the winter, be sure to have warm sweaters, winter coats, hats, gloves, sturdy boots, and thick socks.

Spring: from March to May
Spring in Poland lasts usually about 60 days. The daily temperature at that time ranges from 5° to 15° Celsius. Beautiful time, but it rains often. This is when vegetation season begins in Poland.

Summer: from June to August
The average temperatures is 25 degrees Celsius, which makes this season the best moment to travel and enjoy the beauty of Warsaw and Poland.

Time change:
Poland uses Central European Time (GMT + 01:00); Due to the Daylight Saving Time (DST) on the last Sunday of March at 2am we change time by adding one hour and on the last Sun

Cost of Living

       Thanks to fast growing and stable economy, low costs of living and studying while enjoying high quality of teaching is like a trademark of Poland.

Poland is going through a process of rapid economic development, thanks to that, costs of living are still significantly lower than in most of the EU countries. A total amount of €350 is enough to cover the basic cost of accommodation, food and transport. The cost of entertainment and participation in cultural events are also much lower than EU average, which effects costs of studies to be very competitive.

For rapid economic development in the last 20 years, Polish economy has significantly been growing. For high level of security and personal safety Poland is much safer than most of the European countries. Even the Nordic countries, considered as very safe, have much higher crime rate than Poland. It’s perfectly safe in here for international students of all races, beliefs and origins.

Medical Health Insurance

Students from non-EU/EEA countries should purchase their own international medical insurance prior to their arrival in Poland. Otherwise they are required to sign a voluntary health insurance agreement with the National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia – NFZ) and pay their own insurance fees, which amount to about EUR 30 a month. Under this insurance scheme, students are entitled to free medical care and can use university health care clinics and health centres. Also, all foreign students have the option of purchasing additional accident insurance

Residence Permit

Every foreign student needs to have a Residence Card to stay in Poland.

Non-EU students should apply for a Residence Card before their visa expires in one year.

A Residence Card is an ID card that proves that you have a residence permit. Together with your travel document it allows you to cross the Polish border as many times as you wish. It is issued for the period of your studies. You are allowed to travel through all the Schengen member countries as well as work in Poland if you have a Residence card.

REMEMBER: You should apply for the Residence Card when you are legally staying in Poland, which means after you arrive, but before the end of the three month period (EU students) or the expiration of your visa (non-EU students)


       International students in Poland can choose between staying at a campus dormitory and living off campus.  

On-campus Accommodation
Dormitories on campus usually have all the facilities that you will need, including lockers, bedding, TV sets, free internet access, toilets, shower facilities, hot water, refrigerator etc. as well as communal kitchens and so on.

Dormitories generally offer single rooms or double rooms. You may also request to share a double room with a classmate. The cost of accommodation varies from 120 EUR to 200 EUR per month, depending on the university, city, and the type of room.  

Off-campus Accommodation
International students can also choose to live off campus. English listings for rental accommodation/roommates can be found on expat websites and estate agents are easy to find in Poland. The cost of renting off campus varies considerably depending on the location and condition of the apartment, so check the local listings to get a sense of the prices. In Warsaw, international students typically pay around 300 EUR to 400 EUR per room per month, excluding bills, though it is possible to find cheaper accommodation.

Work During Studies

To be able to study in Poland, a non-EU/EEA students must demonstrate that they possess sufficient means to cover the costs of living in Poland. Still, some students may wish to combine studies with work. In this case, non-EU/EEA students who stay in Poland with a visa generally need to apply for a work permit, which is granted only if no EU citizen can fill the position. Some forms of work (vocational training, summer student jobs programs) do not require a permit.. All full-time students who possess a student visa or a temporary residence permit and holders of the Card of the Pole do not need a work permit

Summer Jobs

      The three-month long academic holidays are a great opportunity to earn extra money and get some work experience. Admittedly, all full-time students can work all year long with a residence permit, but it is a good idea to find a job or an internship especially during the holidays. Also, students who prefer to travel to the USA for the 3 month Work & Travel program may also benefit by applying through some recognised Polish agencies. One of which is www.Go2usa.pl This opportunity is for every local and international students in Poland. The criteria for participating is having good grades from semester exams in your University program.

Application Requirements


1.Passport copy (bio data page)

2.Secondary transcript and certificate

3.Filled up application form

4. Legalization of high school certificate from the Ministry of Education and Foreign affairs

5. Medical Certificate (to show the student is medically fit to study abroad)

6. Legalization of high school certificates by the Polish Embassy

7. Translated version of High school certificate in English and Polish

8. Nostrification of certificates and transcripts


1.Passport copy

2.Secondary School Certificate

3.University transcript and certificate

4.Legalization of high school certificate from the Ministry of Education and Foreign affairs

7. Medical Certificate (to show the student is medically fit to study abroad)

8. Legalization of high school certificates by the Polish Embassy

9. Translated version of University certificate in English and Polish

10. Nostrification of certificates and transcripts

Visa Requirements

Visa Application Checklist

1.  National visa application form

2.  International Passport

3.  Photocopy of the identification page of international passport

4.  Photocopies of applicant’s previous Schengen or National visas (if applicable)

5.  Previous passport in original if a new passport has been issued within the last three years.

6.  Birth certificate original and its photocopy

7.  A passport photo measuring 35mm x 45mm. The photograph must be recent, not more, than six months old, passport size – 1,4″ x 1,7″ (3,5cm x 4,5cm) and showing face front, the forehead, hairline and ears on a light background. The face must take up 70-80% of the photograph

8.  Individual medical travel insurance which covers all costs that could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalization or medical repatriation. The insurance should cover costs of at least EUR 30,000 and be valid for the duration of the stay in all the Schengen countries.

9.  Round trip reservation or flight itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit – The dates must be exactly how it shows on your application form

10.  Proof of accommodation

11.    Letter of acceptance from University

12.  High school certificate/University certificate Legalized by the Foreign Ministry

13.  Letter from Ministry of Education stating applicant’s diploma  entitles him/her to continue education at the next level. Either Bachelors or Masters program

14.  Hold at least 120 euro in cash to legalize your certificate at the Polish embassy

15.  Legalized attestation of your guarantor. This should be from a Lawyer or An Affidavit from court

16.  Identification of your guarantor. Such as Copies of Passport or National ID card

17.  proof that a guarantor supports you:

A.  a letter from your guarantor confirming his/her sponsorship

B.  proof of solvency of the guarantor (bank account statement for the last 3 months)

C.  salary sheet / tax paper) and a photocopy of the guarantor’s identity card.

D.  Documents to proof sponsor is capable of financing applicant in while in Poland

18.Motivation letter.

19.Visa fee 60 EUR (paid in cash on the day of appointment) ●

Age of applicant should be between 17 to 25 years old.

Maximum study gap – 3 years.

Call Now ButtonCall now