Latvia is a country of cultural traditions and rich history and a relatively new national state. Academic mobility and higher education is a national tradition in Latvia. It is bordered by Lithuania in the south, Estonia in the north, Russia in the east and Belarus in the southeast. The tradition is getting stronger day by day with the existence of 60 state and private colleges and universities. Today the number of students attending higher education studies in Latvia is steadily increased.
Latvia is surrounded by many beautiful cities. Most of Latvia is an unexplored wonderland of medieval castles, pristine forests, and centuries-old buildings in all sorts of styles. The capital of Latvia, Riga, is known for some of the best architectural styles which give you some of the best examples of Arts architecture in Europe that exists with historical medieval buildings.
The culture in Latvia has a strong influence by Latvian folk and the people of the country and how they are attached to their homeland. Many Christian rituals are connected with ancient customs. Pagan symbols are still seen throughout the applied arts of Latvia.
Latvia is found in a zone that permits you to relish the magic of the four seasons that is typically impracticable elsewhere in Europe. So the climate in Latvia is delicate and wet, while not intense fluctuations in temperature. Even so, Latvia has four pronounced seasons—winter, spring, summer and time of year. The summer climate in Latvia is heated with a mean temperature of 17°C, the temperature sometimes going as high as 30°C. Throughout spring and time of year, the weather is comparatively delicate with the typical temperature around 10°C. Fall is popular among the nature lover because of the vibrant leaf. Winters in Latvia typically starts in Dec and last until March. The typical temperature in winter is around —6°C.
Why study in Latvia?
Latvian education offers a broad-based programme and world perspective to equip students with the relevant qualification and ability that may function a springboard to a brighter future. Learning in a geographical area like Latvia provides an opportunity for society exposure and personal development. Latvia remains an exquisite country for studies abroad in Europe due to:
- Bachelor / Master/ academic degree level Programs educated in English
- Prestigious Globally Recognized Degrees
- Government approved Universities
- Exchange semester or berth abroad engaging Tuition Fee
- On-campus accommodation provided
- Moderate living prices (400 $/month)
- Various opportunities for leisure activities and sports
Latvia is a multi-ethnic country and made in numerous cultural and educational traditions. The upper education establishments in Latvia are members of international cooperation with many alternative fields of study. Latvia offers researches and teaching employees from many countries for studies along with research work. Universities conjointly provide each English instructed tutorial and skilled bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Tuition fees and living prices are typically below the prices in most “Western Countries”. Universities are renowned for manufacturing prime quality IT and engineering graduates. EU membership means a degree from Latvia is equal to the degree from any other EU countries, creating a ease for the credentials to be recognized.
You will have all the advantages of living in a European state with lower prices than several westernized European Countries.
Latvian is the official state language. Latvian is the Baltic branch of the Indo-European language family. Though the official state language is Latvian, you may simply get around by Russian and English language.
Travel to Latvia
Latvia can be easily accessible by land, sea or air, and has the biggest railway terminal and international airport in the Baltics. Totally 19 different airline firms serve capital airport, you can also enter into Baltic State by the means of ferry. Riga is extremely well served by bus connections
Most Popular courses
There are many fashionable degree programmes accessible in the Republic of Latvia. If you’re trying to find bachelors, Master’s or academic degree will be earned with a ton of choices that are accessible in the Republic of Latvia.
- Information Technology
- Hotel Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Health Management
- Environmental Science
- Medical Physics
- Business Management
- Aviation Transport
- Computer Systems
- Electrical Technologies
- Food Science
- Civil Engineering
- Real Estate
- Construction Management
- Technical Translation
- Riga Technical University
- Turiba University
- University of Latvia
- BA School of Business and Finance
- Liepaja University
- Ventspils University College
- Latvian Academy of Sport Education
- Daugavpils University
- Latvia University of Agriculture
- Riga Graduate School of Law
- Riga Stradins Medical University
- Riga International School of Economics and Business
- Rezekne University of Applied Science
Living in Latvia
For students finding accommodation in a country out of the borders will be difficult. Therefore, Universities offers 2 student hostels, Dormitories for International students that the students have to pay nominal charges for a similar and the booking & payments must be done before the arrival. There are some universities that don’t provide international students with accommodation choice in such cases student must look around for accommodation on their own. You can also contact the foreign student advisor at your chosen university for the recommendation.
For student who doesn’t like to reside at university accommodation or in cases where the university accommodation isn’t available, in such cases there are many student hostels; but the places are limited and must be reserved well earlier. There are many agencies in the capital which might facilitate private housing arrangements.
Latvia offers a broad variety of accommodation. For people who want comfort and prime quality, luxury hotels are also available in the capital and different Latvian cities, whereas people who would like to feel the rural calm and relaxation in nature can select a remote house or camping site within the Latvian country.
- Furnished rooms available for 2, 3, 4 persons
- European – style remodeling, changeable bed sheets, modern household appliances in the kitchen, a parking lot.
- Charges for public utility services included in your rate
- Daily clean up of public spaces and removal of garbage
Moving here means that learning to regulate your budget in step with native standards, budgeting for things like moving from one place to a different, groceries bills and steep costs.
Summer is well the favourable time to go to and explore the country. The weather is during the summer is the mildest and it is an good time to experience outdoors and feel the area’s nature. You can head to the neighbourhood around the university to grab a bite to eat. The costs are cheaper than different neighbourhoods and therefore the meals are filling. It is a good choice for people who are travelling on a budget. Several restaurants are casual in nature and sell everything from sweets to pancakes and full-fledged meals. You frequently pay by the weight thus you’ll be able to get the quantity as you wish.
Around 30% of the common monthly wage is spent on rent and utility payments. The prices in Latvia are mostly similar to any other European country.
The application method for studying abroad is time overwhelming and needs candidates to begin the preparation well prior to their anticipated start date. Many Universities have deadlines in May or June for the September intake. Students are suggested to apply as early as possible so that you can figure out any other details. There is no uniform worldwide application system. Each institute or university establishes its own admission policies. With the big variety and kind of institutes and universities outside India, Study in Latvia Centre will broaden your horizons and expose you to a range of views. You are bound to realize one that matches your desires and interests, notwithstanding what your criteria are.
Our Admission department can assist you in step by step procedure and can inform you regarding the applying needs and necessary documents as per the below process.
- Career & Visa counselling with Experts
- Short listing of Program & University
- Skype Interview with Student
- Submission of Original Scan Documents with University Application fee
- Conditional Letter Received from University
- Student who has less than 60% marks in highest degree has to pass entrance exam
- Documents will be sent to AIC for approval (Latvian Academic Information Centre)
- Admission Letter & Tuition fee invoice will be issued to student
- Student pays tuition Fee -Directly to University & Provide Bank Transfer Receipt
- Student Has To Send Documents For Student Resident Permit For Approval
- Student will Apply For VISA
Residence permits and Visas for Students interested in studying in Latvia are acquired as part of the application and enrolment process. Based on a positive valuation of the applicant’s education documents provided by the AIC (Academic Information Centre) and a successful enrolment application. A residence permit is applied for the students by the university, When the student has arrived for the period of studies.
- Application form for residence permit.
- 3 recent passport size photographs, 35×45 colored, with white background. (Face cover 80%)
- Passport (must be 6 month valid).
- Payment Proof of University Application Fees, Tuition Fees and Resident Permit+ Security Deposit.
- Police Clearance Certificate for Latvia (Apostle by Ministry Of External Affairs)
- Financial Means of Subsistence:
- Bank Statement with a minimum balance of 5700 Euro (Approximately 4,00,000/-) in student’s personal bank account ONLY not older than 15 day.
- Copy of INTERNATIONALLY VALID Debit Card of the same Bank Account
- Highest Degree needs to be apostle from Ministry of External Affairs for (Bachelor/Master/Doctorate)
- Student has to deposit 500 or 720 USD as security amount to university directly which will be 100% refundable after completion of the program.
General Entry Requirements
- 12th Pass in related
stream with minimum 60% marks
OR 3 year Govt. Polytechnic Diploma with minimum 60% marks.
Candidates who have completed 3 or 4 year Bachelor Degree in related field with minimum 60% marks
- Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of General science not acceptable
- Students previous education must be UCG recognized in India
- Some programme may require to work experience
Candidates who have completed Bachelor & Master Degree in relevant stream (minimum of 5 years studies) with detailed Research Proposal
- Application form
- Photo (3X4)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of secondary education certificate and transcript
- Copy of latest graduation certificate and transcript
- Statement of purpose
- Passport 1st & last page copy