Georgia is sovereign state of Caucasus region of Eurasia. Located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe, It is bounded to the west by the Bank Sea, to the north by Russia, to the south by Turkey and Armenia, and southeast by Azerbaijan. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi. Georgia covers a territory of 69,7000kM and its population is almost 4.7 million. Georgia is a unitary, semi-presidential republic, with the government elected through a representative democracy. Also, Georgia country medical education is famous across the world. Studying MBBS in Georgia is something worth considering in case of students who wish to study MBBS in Europe.
There are many WHO recognized medical colleges in Georgia. Students who wish to study MBBS in European countriesare choosing Georgia as their study destination due to various reasons. MBBS in Georgia benefits is huge in comparison to study MBBS in England or MBBS in Romania or any other European country for that matter. There are many WHO recognized medical colleges in Russia as well which are mentioned in the list of WHO recognized medical colleges but it all depends on the road-map, budget, choice of country and future prospects of individual students.
MD / MBBS in Georgia is a new upcoming destination for Indian students. MBBS in Georgia fees is very affordable for international students. Medical universities in Georgia, Europe are quite renowned. Tbilisi State and Batumi both are the government colleges advised for Indian students. MBBS in Georgia was not such a popular destination for Indians till 2011. Because most of the students who wished to go to east European country used to prefer either Russia or Ukraine. However, with Ukraine in trouble due to the war with Russia on eastern sector. Hence, the students were advised to shift to Georgia and Belarus instead of deciding to pursue MBBS in Ukraine
It is a dream for every Indian student to study MBBS in Europe. Hence it is very easy to sell anything if the promoters/agents convey you by promoting Georgia as a part of EU (European Union). However, Georgia is not a part of European Union. It is slowly becoming a popular destination to study MBBS / MD in Europe for Indian students. The simple reason is that the Agents representing various universities of Georgia are misinforming the students about the status of Georgia with respect to the European Union.
The students are requested to check this fact before deciding on the decision to study MBBS in Georgia. Medical colleges in Georgia country provide a high quality of education at an affordable cost. There are many medical colleges in Tbilisi and other parts of Georgia. One can also see this as a recent upcoming trend on MBBS in Georgia on Quora and so on. MBBS in Georgia at New Vision university review is not as good as the Tbilisi medical university or Batumi Shota. They are a part of the WHO international directory of medical schools and the world directory of medical schools. The WHO directory of medical schools list and the Avicenna world directory of medical schools, etc are an important aspect of medical education in the world.
Why Study in Georgia?
The place “Georgia” which is famous for the quality and affordable medical education became the upcoming abroad destination for medical students. Here we are making a list of points for which medical aspirants can choose Georgia for their upcoming medical destination. Have a look.
- Registered under Georgian National Educational Accreditation Centre, Georgian medical university is recognised by WHO, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, and MCI.
- The cost of study and cost of living is very affordable.
- Courses offered in the Georgian medical universities are of top quality and is very flexible.
- It will also help the student to interact with other international students, i.e. it will give an international exposure.
- In addition to that, medical universities in Georgia do not conduct any entrance examination for the selection of candidates. It is a direct entry process.
Advantages of MBBS in the Georgia
Before moving to take the admission in the medical colleges in Georgia, it is very important to know about the advantages. Find below in the list the plus point of the universities that will lead you to take admission.
- The first and foremost advantage of Georgian universities is its low cost tuition fee.
- Secondly, the administration does not conduct any entrance examination for selecting candidates. It is a direct entry procedure.
- The university has two intakes for the academic year, i.e. one in February and the other in September.
- The university is approved by WHO and MCI
- Students will get separate hostels for boys and girls
- If a student has any study gap period, it is taken in to consideration.
- There is no donation fee for entry in to the college.
- Students can pay the course fee in two instalments.
- Scholarship facility is also available in the university. Students can take the scholarship up to 1000 USD.
- There is no Visa fee
- Indian cuisines are easily available
- After completing the course, students can easily find jobs in the European countries. The degree is valid all across the world.
Eligibility Criteria in Georgian Medical Colleges
To enter into the medical colleges in Georgia, the minimum eligibility criteria is students have to pass the 10+2 examination. Students have to score atleast 50% marks in the examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Documents Needed During Admission
Students have to bring the below mentioned documents for the admission. Find it below.
- A scanned copy of passport
- Score card of 10+2 examination
- Admission Letter
- Flight Ticket
- Accommodation Letter
- Fee slip of the university
- A clearance letter from the Ministry
- Birth Certificate copy
- Bank statement copy
- Medical fitness paper
- Recent passport size photographs
- Police clearance certificate
- A valid passport
The admission process is very simple and easy. Students have a look below to know the admission details.
- Firstly, candidates have to fill the application form with all the details
- Then you will receive the offer letter
- Then you have to pay the registration fee
- After the payment of the fee, apply for the Visa
- Get the Visa
- After completing all the procedure, catch the flight for Georgia and be in the place.